- Not really suitable for undergravel heating cables
- Perfect hold for plant roots: substrate with 0.2 – 0.6 mm grain size for freshwater and marine aquariums and terrariums
- Ideal for aquarium care: its fine granulation and density prevents sludge and other waste material from seeping in
- Use: spread substrate on top of the nutrient substrate (approx. 6-8 cm for vigorous plant growth)
- Ideal for fish, invertebrates and plants: no unwanted pollutants released into the water. Fine, round-shaped granite sand is gentle on sensitive barbels of bottom-dwellers.